Liquid Leather’s claimed innovation is that it fixes torn leather for automobile upholstery. It’s been around for many years in just one sort or another. The original merchandise was invented in the 1960s and named Minute Mender. To use Liquid Leather-based, all you require is to implement a minimal dab of the right color, then implement heat and you’re upholstery appears to be like new yet again. Perfectly it would be awesome if it was that very simple.
Liquid Leather-based is not actually leather. It’s actually a urethane compound. It solidifies into leather like pliancy when it truly is heated. According to the directions, you very first thoroughly clean the leather with cleaning soap and warm h2o. Then you just spread it over the afflicted area.  You then use a piece of grain paper to impress a leather pattern into the urethane. Then implement heat for two minutes and remove the paper. There you have it! You have a properly matched, indistinguishable restore. Is it definitely all that straightforward? Here’s the draw back.
-  Even with your finest efforts and if you follow the directions quite meticulously, you may perhaps not get a color tone that matches particularly. You will be on the lookout at a slightly off-color patch on your automobile, sofa or jacket for several years to appear.
- If you get the hues to match when the combine is damp, the color improvements somewhat when it dries.
- The concluded restore appears to be even worse than the original damaged area.
- The tear may perhaps be in a curved area like a sofa cushion, so making use of heat could be a challenge.
- It’s definitely messy to do the job with.
- Even if you do restore it and it appears to be 50 % good the preset area will start to crumble and pull aside mainly because it truly is not flexible material.
Liquid Leather-based is not one thing you would want to use on costly automobile interiors.  It’s finest left to industry experts in the leather restore industry. I definitely are not able to fully grasp why this merchandise has been around on the marketplace for so long.